Let's Get Uncomfortable


Let’s Get Uncomfortable.
Hey there Dearest Bloggee!!! How've you been??:) This is based on Luke 15:1-10, The Parable of the Lost Sheep.In this parable, Jesus asks the disciples how many of them would look for a lost sheep until they find it (considering that they have 100)

Jesus is as interested in us telling the world about Him as He is in us building each other up in the Lord (Believers). Inasmuch as we get comfortable talking and spending time with other believers (the people who agree with our decision to stand for Christ), we must learn to get uncomfortable!
The shepherd left the 99 sheep, and went after the one that was wayward. How many of us are willing to do this?....willing to spend time with people who don't believe, willing to have discussions about Jesus even if the people are fiercely against our faith?



I spent part of my vacation in a summer school in the United States of America, and I know for sure God divinely orchestrated everything. I was in an environment where bisexuals, lesbians, atheists, agnostics were literally everywhere and one of my closest friends, Sharonda, happened to be bisexual and atheistic. Yes...both simultaneously! ( I didn't know till like my second week with her). She would come to me for help with her French homework and I vividly remember one evening, I spoke about how excited I was about church on Sunday. Her reaction startled me! She argued intensely about why she does not believe in God and that's when our conversations got to a deeper level. I remember asking her once why she was so against Jesus and I found that she had actually been a Christian but stopped believing in Christ. Her story brought me to tears.(I think I'll tell you about that later Godwilling)..the long and short of it was, every night, I would talk with her about Jesus and trust me it got so uncomfortable!! She would quote verses from the Bible and talk about ideologies and I was sitting there like.."Holy Spirit, I really need you to have your way"....and He always does....



Do we have to do this solely based on our intellect and arguments? NO? We're God's children! We have more than that!



1st Corinthians 2:13 says "which things also we speak, not in the words that man's wisdom teacheth but which the HOLY GHOST teacheth , comparing spiritual things with spiritual" ...phew, that's a relief....Trust me, debating with the Holy Spirit is like fetching water into a basket, it actually doesn't work out! ...so when we depend on Him for wisdom in order to powerfully convey the Gospel of Jesus Christ to people who don't believe, their eyes are indisputably opened to the way, truth and life who is Jesus! But y'all, it's not just a matter of saying..."Holy Spirit, give me wisdom" ,we need to feed on God's word too, because it nourishes our spirits and strengthen us for the battle.



Why do we have to go through the pain of having our faith scrutinized by people who do not believe in our bid to share the Gospel?


Truth is, we are not only carriers of the light of the Gospel, we ARE the light! Ephesians 5:8 .."for you were formerly darkness but now you are "LIGHT IN THE LORD; walk as children of light" ...it's a command! Seeing as we are the light, if we shy away from the people in darkness, how do we expect them to see and believe? We must go to the dark places and share the gospel, knowing fully that God is our Protector. Then, they are brought into contact with a beautiful relationship with Jesus Christ!



Reading Luke 15, you would realize in verses 4 and 8 the shepherd and widow look for the sheep and ring until they find it. Resilience is key! It's not just a matter of saying.." Yeah chale, I spoke to this person about Jesus" but also a matter of following up and checking up on the person, ensuring that he or she has actually been found and is not succumbing to the temptations of the enemy.



In order to do this, we must be firm and unshaken. Our spiritual man must be well equipped for this battle because it's a spiritual one.( Ephesians 6:12) Please read on the Armour of God. Ephesians 6:10-17.



Imagine what would happen if the 99 sheep went out and brought back one each to the sheepfold! That would have increased the sheep to 199 and Jesus would be like.."These are my beloved children, in whom I am well pleased" ....Believers, let's go out there and preach the Gospel to every creature! We have a role to play in bringing back lost sheep and we can't keep the saving knowledge of Jesus to ourselves, we need to Tell the World!!!!( as Lecrae and Mali Music put it)



Question for Discussion: So if you happen to find yourself in an environment where talking to others about your faith is not allowed, what do you do?



Please share your views in the comment section below.

Love you,
Nadia


Comments